Today I want to catch up on some birthday cards that I've created using the new Winnie & Walter Cutaways!! I wasn't able to participate in "A Week to Die for" on the W&W blog because of our trip to Montana...but I've done a few "make-up" cards in the past few days!
My first card is stamp free, focusing on three different sets of Cutaways! I chose a rainbow color theme...which you know is one of my all-time favorites! Check it out:
- Make A2 card from white cardstock.
- Diecut the scallop trim from rainbow colored cardstocks.
- Layer the scallop trim cuts to the bottom half of the card, then trim the excess.
- Diecut the word "happy" from purple dotted paper.
- Adhere it with foam dots to the top of the scallop trim.
- Diecut the word "birthday" from white glittered cardstock.
- Adhere it slightly overlapping the bottom of the word "happy".
- Accent with jewels to finish.
- ShowCASe Your Style #10 - color challenge
- Verve Stamps March Inspiration challenge - B is for birthday
**The white glitter cardstock is not linked above. I purchased it from the scrapbooking paper section at Michael's, and is branded as Recollections.**
My next card uses layers of stamping & heat embossing, plus some beautiful flourished jewel trims & some confetti cuts. I love how it turned out!!
- Make A2 card from white cardstock.
- Stamp & heat emboss the larger sparkles directly to the card front.
- Stamp & heat emboss the smaller sparkles over top of the larger ones.
- Stamp & heat emboss the stardust over top of the layered sparkles.
- Layer two strips of jeweled trim diagonally to the card front.
- Embellish the stamped sparkles with large jewels.
- Diecut the banner from white cardstock.
- Stamp & heat emboss the word "sparkle" twice.
- Finish the sentiment in black ink, then adhere the banner to the front.
- Diecut the confetti from white glitter cardstock & layer to the top of the trim.
- Virginia's View #13 - all things embossed
- Cupcake Inspirations #300 - sparkle
- Cupcake Inspirations #300 - color challenge
- Cupcake Inspirations #300 - confetti
**The white glittered cardstock & the green jeweled trim are not linked above. I purchased the cardstock from the scrapbooking paper section at Michael's, and is branded as Recollections. The green jeweled trim is from Prima Marketing & the color is listed as Medaline.**
My final card looks a little different from the first two, and uses a colored card base & some patterned papers. It's fun & festive & I think you'll like it! Check it out:
- Make A2 card from red cardstock.
- Diecut the background paper & adhere to the card front.
- Cut 4 2-inch squares from patterned paper, and layer to the front.
- Diecut the circle from patterned paper, & adhere to the middle.
- Tuck stickers into the top & middle of the patterned blocks.
- Diecut the word "happy" from navy cardstock & adhere to the top.
- Add letter stickers to the top & stamp the word "day" below it to finish the sentiment.
- Add a wood veneer birthday cake below the sentiment.
- Add a star sticker & arrow sticker to the wood veneer.
- Diecut the confetti from white glittered paper & adhere to the top.
- Embellish with enamel dots to finish.
**The white glittered cardstock, enamel dots & wood veneer are not linked above. I purchased the cardstock from the scrapbooking paper section at Michael's, and is branded as Recollections. I believe the wood veneer & enamel dots came from a past kit, but am unsure of the company or month. Sorry I can't be of much more help on those items.**
Whew...I know that was A LOT of cards & content to look over in one blog post. Thanks for sticking it out & I really hope that you like them!! Have a great rest of your Tuesday!