This is only my second attempt at using the watercoloring technique. The first time I did it I used Tim Holtz distress inks & a spray bottle. This time I actually used watercolors & a brush...and I am really happy with how it turned out! Be easy on me though....I am not a painter, nor do I actually know anything about watercolor! :)
I combined the watercoloring with the Mama Elephant "Make A Wish" stamp set, and just a couple of pretty accents. I didn't want to take away from the two main elements of our challenge. Here is the card that I created!
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cut watercolor paper slightly smaller, then paint it.
3. Once dry, stamp the sentiment over top of the painted area.
4. Punch a half circle to the lower left side, then wrap gold thread strung with gold stars around it.
5. Adhere the painted piece to the card front.
6. Accent the upper left corner with a gold star, sequin & gold enamel dot to finish.
-Studio Calico Sunday Sketch
-The Card Concept #15 - color challenge
-SSS Work It Wednesday July 2014 - blue
-SSS Wednesday - anything goes
Here are the rules for playing along with us in this month's challenge:
- Your entry must use at least one Mama Elephant stamp
- Your entry must be based on the challenge/inspiration source provided
- Your entry must link back to this blog post along with the graphic image
- Winner gets featured and a stamp set of choice
- Deadline is August
- Link up using the Inlinkz on the bottom of the August challenge post
- Have fun, stamp, stamp, stamp!!!
Thanks so much for checking out my post today...I hope that you liked my card today! Have an awesome start to your August!