Hey blog friends!! How are you doing today? I'm doing great....it is FINALLY starting to get sunshiney & warm here in Fargo. We have had days here & there that have been really nice, but more than anything...we've had rain (like, LOTS of it), wind & then humidity. I think we are finally supposed to be getting out of our rainy season, and into just a nice summer. Here is hoping, my friends....here is hoping. Lol.
Jocelyn & I are issuing the first Thursday challenge for July on the Scraptastic blog, and we decided to challenge you to create with natural elements!! Jocelyn chose to use burlap, and I went with woodgrain...you can see both of our projects HERE, and also link up a project if you want to participate!
I am using the Summer Nights kit & add-on this month, and and I had to jump right in with the rainbow goodness that is such a big part of this kit!! (If you have frequented my blog over the years...you know I love a good rainbow themed project!!) All of those colors are amazing, but they definitely need something to help ground them....which is where the deep brown woodgrain paper came in. It is the perfect neutral to compliment this smattering of bold colors on the rest of the card.
1. Make A2 card from mint cardstock.
2. Cut woodgrain paper slightly smaller, distress the edges & adhere.
3. Round the bottom corners of a 3x4 card, distress the edges & adhere to the middle.
4. Distress the edges of the stickers, and layer to the upper left corner of the card.
5. Add a piece of flair in the same area.
6. Adhere a sunburst wood veneer to the lower right corner of the card.
7. Distress the edges of the diecut strips & sticker, and adhere together with a heart brad.
8. Adhere the entire sentiment piece to the top of the wood veneer sunburst to finish.
-My Favorite Things sketch #183
-Little Red Wagon #244 - summer
-Word Art Wednesday #139 - anything goes
I hope that you will participate with us at the Scraptastic blog in our challenge to use natural elements! You can use any product that you want to participate! Have a happy Thursday!