Today I wanted to share a card that I created for the WPlus9 blog last week. We were showing ways to add dimension to our projects, so I chose to use heat embossing, layers, & foam adhesive. I combined silver & gold on this card...& I love how it turned out! If there is a rule about mixing metallics....well, I think it's plain silly. :) Here is what I created:
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cover the top with a chevron paper strip, then round the upper left & bottom right corners.
3. Stamp the triangles to each corner, cover in gold embossing powder & heat set.
4. Stamp the stars, cover in platinum embossing powder & heat set.
5. Wrap silver metallic twine around the seam of the chevron paper strip.
6. Add the journal card to the front on foam adhesive.
7. Diecut the feathers from white cardstock.
8. Ink the bottom of the larger feather, cover in gold embossing powder & heat set.
9. Stamp the smaller feather, cover in gold embossing powder & heat set.
10. Layer the feathers, chipboard banner, gold star, twine bow & gold enamel dot to the corner.
11. Add the glitter thickers to the middle of the journal card to finish the sentiment.
12. Add a twine threaded arrow to the left of the "love" part of the sentiment.
13. Accent with wood veneer stars, & silver glitter enamel dots to finish.
-Sketchbook Saturday #115
-Sisterhood of Crafters "Love is in the Air"
-Just Us Girls #228
-Word Art Wednesday #119
I will be back tomorrow with another WPlus9 card, using this week's challenge which is all about trends! I will add all the details to my blog post tomorrow, but if you participate in this week's challenge you could win a $100 gift certificate to the WPlus9 store!! Check out all the details on Dawn's blog!
That is everything I have for you today! I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your Monday!
“Love You More” Supplies:
Cardstock: WPlus9 (white)
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye (Charmed 6x6 paper pad)
Tag Die: WPlus9 (Fanciful Feathers)
Ink: Clearsnap (Top Boss)
Embossing Powder: American Crafts (Gold Glitter zing) & Ranger (platinum)
3x4 Journal Card: My Mind's Eye (Charmed)
Chipboard Buttons: My Mind's Eye (Now and Then "Dorothy" Celebrate)
Silver Glitter Enamel Dots: My Mind's Eye (Now and Then "Izzy" Happenings)
Metallic Silver Twine: Lawn Fawn
Glitter Thickers: American Crafts (Amy Tangerine white)
Wood Veneer Stars: Studio Calico
Tools:Cuttlebug machine, heat gun, corner rounder
Craft Supply: gold star sequin