Happy Wednesday, blog friends! How has your day been? Mine has been good! I went to Costco...alone. Never a good thing. I go up & down every single aisle, ultimately finding things that we probably wouldn't normally purchase because we didn't know it was there. Lol!! The toothpaste we prefer & the vitamins I've been wanting to try both had a great instant coupon on them. Then I found my Tazo chai tea concentrate in a 3 pack....saving me a good amount of $$$ from buying it at the grocery store. Woot! Then I grabbed some Udi's bread & gluten-free pancake mix that actually looks like it will taste decent. And they had the mangos that I love in stock, plus strawberries were a great price...I think you're getting the picture.
I also have a card to share with you today, using some items from some of my past Studio Calico kits. I went pretty clean & graphic with this card, & used lots of one of my latest fave things....stars. Check it out!
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cut white star paper slightly smaller.
3. Cut orange ombre paper at an angle, then diecut a star from the right side of it.
4. Add a blue star paper block to the background paper where it will peek out from the diecut star, then stamp the sentiment to the white & orange papers.
5. Adhere the orange paper strip with foam squares, then wrap twine around the top of it.
6. Adhere the entire paper block to the card front.
7. Tuck the yellow star flair under the left side of the orange strip, then accent with a twine bow & striped brad.
8. Add letter stickers above the stamped word "amazing" to complete the sentiment.
9. Accent with wood veneer stars & enamel dots to finish.
-Studio Calico Sunday Sketch
-The Paper Players #183
-Runway Inspired #54
I love how this card turned out...the colors are so outside of my norm, but I really dig how they look together!! It's always good to step outside of your comfort zone at times...don't you think? Well, that is all I have for you today! I hope you enjoy the rest of your evening!!