Happy Thursday, blog friends!! How are you doing today? I'm doing pretty good...just cleaning a bit & crafting a bit. And ready for my hubby to get home...he's been on the road for the past few days for work. We are going to Minneapolis (or "the cities" as locals call it....lol!) on Monday for a couple days to just get away. We are pretty excited about that...I'm going to get to see my lifelong best friend & meet his new wife for the first time!! It's pretty much "eeek!!" worthy for me...I can't wait!!
I have a card to share with you today that I did just for fun! So, the other day I was at Michael's & had a 50% off coupon in my purse...and Heidi Swapp's gold color shine kept calling my name. I kept resisting...I don't DO messy. So I would walk past it. Then I would walk past it again...subconsciously knowing that I had already decided that I had to have it. Lol!! So, I picked it up and tried it out on some scrap paper when I got home. And surprising....it DIDN'T look like gold bled all over my paper. And it wasn't as messy as I thought it would be...I might just be addicted now. :) Here is a card with my first attempt at using color shine spray!! Yay!!
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cut vellum & doily paper slightly smaller.
3. Spritz the doily paper block with gold color shine & let dry.
4. Once dry, layer the doily paper & vellum together at slight angles.
5. Add the map tag & vellum banner to the front, then zig-zag stitch along the top.
6. Attach the entire paper block to the front of the card base.
7. Adhere the wood veneer frame to the tag, then tuck a banner cut paper strip under the right side.
8. Cut a hexagon flower from paper, then adhere to the top of the frame.
9. Stamp the sentiment to a vellum banner, ziz-zag stitch along the side & adhere to the front.
10. Cut out the word "adore", then adhere to the left of the banner sentiment.
11. Accent the middle of the hexagon flower.
12. Add enamel stars & dots to finish.
-Viva la Verve! February Sketch #2
-Curtain Call Inspiration challenge - Cozy Quilt
-CASE Study #179
-Moxie Fab World Happy Hexagons challenge
-Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday
So, I'll admit. I LIKE the little extra touch that the mist added to my card...*blush*. I told myself that I would just never be into that trend...and I lied. :) I'm glad I made myself try it....
So, the title of this blog post mentions that I have a giveaway for you...and I do!! Because of our move, and the fact that the post office held onto all of our mail for about THREE months before they decided to forward it...I ended up with two of the Freckled Fawn "Oh Deer Me" kits from September 2013. I found it the other day, and know I will never use all of the embellishments from both kits...so I am going to give it away instead!
Well, that is all I have for you for now. I hope you enjoyed my misty little friend card. I enjoyed making it!! Have a great rest of your day!
**The vellum & gold thread are not listed, as they are just general craft supply.**