So then Josh & I took a trip to Fargo (and all over North Dakota so he could meet his employees & managers from the local Best Buy stores) to look for a new home for ourselves. We found a model home that we completely fell in love with, and thankfully they had one under construction already that we could still pick out all the colors, upgrades, etc... We are SO excited! I will be sure to share photos of our new home once we are settled in & it is mostly decorated. Since returning home, I've been packing, editing wedding photos, shooting weddings & still continuing to heal from surgery. While physically I feel fine, I am still healing internally...so I've had to take it easy from working out, etc. Thankfully I am the packer & Josh is the hauler. It works out. :)
With that being said...I have had basically NO time to blog, create anything that isn't for specific assignments, etc. Because of my surgery, I totally dropped the ball on blogging in June...and I still have my last two cards from the June Mama Elephant release to share...so I am going to do that today!
Up first is this sweet little love card that I created using the "Big Words" stamp set. I combined it with some fantastic Elle's Studio product, and a scrap of Dear Lizzy pink patterned paper. Here is what I created!
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Add tabbed block to the front, then layer a pink paper strip to the left side.
3. Add the chalkboard card to the front using foam adhesive, then tuck the glittered tab & red tab under the left side.
4. Stamp the sentiment to vellum, cut a banner edge to the left side,then layer over top of the chalkboard card.
5. Wrap the excess vellum around the side of the card.
6. Add a glittered arrow to the top, then layer with a plastic ribbon accent.
7. Accent the front with wood veneer stars to finish.
1. Make A2 card from kraft cardstock.
2. Stamp the sentiment to the lower right corner.
3. Stamp the bunny right above the beginning of the sentiment.
4. Stamp the balloons coming from the bunny's top hand.
5. Accent with jewels to finish.
We are going to be starting our July release this coming Monday with the Stampede, and I promise this time I will be on top of my blogging this time around! :) Be sure to come on over & check it out!
Well- I am going to get back to packing. We close on our home here on July 23rd, and I will be in Las Vegas at CHA during that time. So- we are moving all of our belongings to our friends' garage...and then will be living with them for about a month until we close on our home in Fargo. They lived with us for a few weeks while waiting for their home to be ready, & now they are returning the favor. It is so wonderful to have such amazing friends. Have a great weekend!!
Cardstock: WPlus9 (white) | Paper: Dear Lizzy (Lucky Charm 6x6) & The Paper Co. (vellum) | Stamps: Mama Elephant (Big Words) | Ink: Clearsnap (strawberry) | Other: Elle's Studio (tabbed card, chalkboard card, red tag) | Studio Calic (wood veneer stars) | Martha Stewart Crafts (glittered photo corner) | Jenni Bowlin (plastic bow)
Hang In There card
Cardstock: WPlus9 (kraft) | Stamps: Mama Elephant (Up and Away) | Ink: WPlus9 (white) | Other: Doodlebug Designs (jewels)