Happy Thursday, everyone!! How was your day yesterday? Mine was pretty good...went to Oula, picked up some groceries, cleaned up the house for community group....stuff like that. Community Group is small group time with members from our church, where we have a meal together & discuss the past Sunday's message in more depth & real world context. One of the new things we are doing for food is drawing a state each week, and then finding recipes that are popular or originate in that state. It has been really fun!! So far we have done food for Alabama, New Mexico, Missouri, & last night was Washington. Josh made an amazing clam chowder from scratch....he took a few recipes that he read online & then concocted his own...and it was AMAZING. I am not the biggest seafood/fish person...but I do love a good clam chowder. Needless to say...I skipped the salmon burgers last night. Ha!!
Yesterday's stampede starts the Mama Elephant stamp hightlight week, and today we are featuring "Sunny Skies". This is a super fun set, and I just HAD to combine it with some more Glitz Design & some cute FREE printables from Chic Tags. Here is what I created!
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cut background paper slightly smaller, then adhere.
3. Layer the fussy cut journal card to the left side.
4. Fussy cut the sunrays from woodgrain, back with yellow paper & adhere to the front.
5. Layer the circle tag to the front of it.
6. Stamp the sentiment to a yellow heart banner and adhere to the bottom of the card.
7. Stamp the clouds to white cardstock, cut out & adhere to the front as shown.
8. Add a strip of heart paper to the top of the card.
9. Add two gold arrows to the top & bottom of the card.
10. Accent the clouds on the bottom of the card with a wood veneer plane.
11. Add sequins & clear jewels to the front to finish.
-Simon Says Stamp and Show - 6x6 paper
-Cupcake Craft #242 - layers
-Visible Image May - brighten your day
Isn't this a fun & cheery card?!! I love how it turned out! The other
Mama Elephant designers also have some projects to share using
the Sunny Skies stamps set....so be sure to check them out too!
Savannah O'Gwynn http://savannahland2.blogspot.com/
Lea Lawson http://leascupcakesandsunshine.blogspot.com/
Mariana Grigsby http://marianagrigsby.wordpress.com/
JJ Bolton http://www.jjbolton.org
Cheiron Brandon http://www.cheironbrandon.typepad.com/
Alice Wertz http://aliceslittlewonderland.blogspot.com/
I hope that you have a wonderful Friday!!
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (orange peel white) & WPlus9 (white) | Paper: Glitz Design (Color Me Happy 6x6 & paper layers) | Stamps:
Mama Elephant (Sunny Skies) | Ink: Tsukineko
(onyx black & smoky grey) | Other: Chic Tags (Printable journal card & circle tag) | Prima Marketing (wood veneer plane) | Martha Stewart Crafts (glittered photo corner) |
Supply:sequins, clear jewels