Happy Tuesday, everyone! Did you have a good weekend? Ours was great, but SO busy. Our garage sale went great....we made over $400!!! Such a nice outcome for all the hard work we put into going through everything, organizing, etc. We still have to box some stuff up to take to the Teen Challenge thrift shop, so that is definitely on the docket for this week. In the midst of it all we had graduation parties to attend, Josh had a church leadership meeting, and of course, church service. And can you believe, in all of that...I didn't take one photo. Not on my phone....nothing. I've got to get better about still pulling out my phone, even when I am super busy.
Yesterday I still felt like I had a million things going on, and never had the chance to get my blog post up. So, today I am going to share my last two Mama Elephant cards featuring the new stamp sets. My first card features the new stamp set "Soiree", paired with some fabby October Afternoon product. Here is what I created!
1. Make 5-inch square card from blue cardstock.
2. Cut background paper slightly smaller, then layer two other paper strips to the bottom of it.
3. Add a silver glittered photo corner to the upper right, then adhere the entire block to the front.
4. Stamp the cake stand & sentiments to a journal card, then adhere to the front with a silver glittered tab.
5. Staple a star paper strip to the bottom, then accent with sequins & an enamel dot.
6. Fussy cut the camera, face & convo bubble from paper, then adhere to the top of the glittered tab.
7. Stamp the banner to the right side of the card, then stamp to different patterned papers.
8. Cut out the patterned banners, adhere to the stamped banner on the card, then accent with pink twine.
9. Top the right side of the twine with a double bow, then accent with an enamel dot.
10. Accent the banner & convo bubble with sequins to finish.
-Allsorts #207 - blue
-Ribbon Carousel #81 - celebrations
-Charisma Cardz #19 - no digital stamps
Up next is my card using the new Mama Elephant stamp set "Filigree". I went with a CAS rainbow feel for this one....one style that I like to bring about every now & then! I paired this with some chunky glittered borders, and this is how it came out!
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Ink the scalloped stamp with a rainbow ombre, then stamp it to the center of the card.
3. Stamp the sentiment to the lower right corner of the rainbow stamping, then accent with a pearl.
4. Add two strip of adhesive above the rainbow stamping, then cover in chunky glitter.
5. Accent the front with sequins to finish.
-CAS(E) This Sketch #28 - sketch
-CASE Studay #141 - card inspiration
-A Blog Named Hero #24 - clean & simple
Mama Elephant designers also have some projects to share using
these stamp sets....so be sure to check them out too!
Savannah O'Gwynn http://savannahland2.blogspot.com/
Lea Lawson http://leascupcakesandsunshine.blogspot.com/
Mariana Grigsby http://marianagrigsby.wordpress.com/
JJ Bolton http://www.jjbolton.org
Cheiron Brandon http://www.cheironbrandon.typepad.com/
Alice Wertz http://aliceslittlewonderland.blogspot.com/
Have a great rest of your Tuesday!
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (teal) | Paper: October Afternoon (Midway 8x8) | Stamps:
Mama Elephant (Soiree) | Ink: Tsukineko
(onyx black) | Other: October Afternoon (journal card) | Studio Calico (wood veneer stars)
| My Mind's Eye (enamel dots) | May Arts (pink twine) | Martha Stewart Crafts (silver glittered photo corner) | Craft
Rainbow Hi Card:
Cardstock: WPlus9 (white) | Stamps:
Mama Elephant (Filigree) | Ink: Clearsnap (rainbow colors) & Tsukineko
(onyx black) | Kaiser Craft (pearls) | Doodlebug Designs (glitter) | Craft
Supply:sequins, adhesive strips