Happy Wednesday, everyone! Hope the first part of your week has been a good one so far. It is rainy & dismal here today...a perfect day to sit in my little craft room with a cup of tea & create the time away. I totally forgot to mention that we went and saw the new Star Trek movie on Saturday evening with our closest friends Grant & Meagan...and it was AWESOME! (Although the little one in her tummy wasn't too impressed with the noise. She kept kicking her mama over our movie choice!) It's been a quiet couple of days on the homefront, so not to much else to update you on.
I have a card up on the Glitz blog today, and this week we are all about the sequins! Not a stretch for me...I've been using them for a few months now, and adore them! I won an Avery Elle gift card last month, and I spent it all on some of their amazing sequins! These sequins are smaller than my coveted Studio Calico sequins, and they mix & match really well. Although for my card, I just used the smaller AE ones. I have paired Glitz Design's "Hello Friend" & "Love You Madly" collections on this card, and this is how it turned out!
1. Make A2 card from white cardstock.
2. Cut background paper slightly smaller, then adhere.
3. Cut the layered sticker in half, pull it apart & adhere the dotted bottom half to the card as shown.
4. Layer a blue cardstock sticker, film diecut & Glitzer frame to the front.
5. Add a glittered tab & cardstock title sticker to the frame, then add the top half of the layered sticker to each side.
6. Wrap twine around the middle, then top with a double bow & giant rhinestone.
7. Cut a banner from patterned paper, stamp the middle sentiment to it & arrange the banners on the bottom of the card.
8. Add the restroom person Glitzer to the title sticker, then accent the card with sequins to finish.
-Cardibilities #75 - sketch
-City Crafter #160 - color inspiration
-Word Art Wednesday #81 - anything goes
I'm pretty much in LOVE with the colors on this card today...makes me want to redecorate my house to match it. Ha! Probably not going to happen, but a girl can dream. :)
Well, that is all I have for you today. I hope that you have a wonderful rest of your Wednesday!
Cardstock: WPlus9 (white) | Paper: Glitz Design (Hello Friend 6x6) | Stamps: Simon Says Stamp (For The Record) | Ink: Tsukineko
(rosebud) | Other: Glitz Design (cardstock stickers, Glitzer stickers, layered stickers, diecut film, rhinestone) | Martha Stewart Crafts (glittered tab) | May Arts (ivory twine) | Avery Elle (sequins)