Happy Tuesday, friends! I hope your day is going well! I'm on my own for the week, as J is still traveling for work. I am finishing up editing a wedding from March, and getting caught up on some items that need to be created. Along with taking care of two very needy pups- I think they are extra clingy because at least one of us has been gone for the past 3 weeks. Poor pups...they are just ready for their lives to go back to normal!! :)
The song "Stars" by Grace Potter & The Nocturnals just played on my iTunes list, which couldn't be more fitting for the card I am about to share with you. (BTW- I LOVE that song. If you haven't heard it, I highly suggest it!!) I created this card primarily as a birthday card, but it could also be used for graduation season, which is sneaking up on us! I have mixed Studio Calico, October Afternoon, American Crafts & some other fun goodies, and this is how it turned out.
1. Make A2 card from oatmeal cardstock.
2. Cut woodgrain paper slightly smaller.
3. Adhere a star paper block to the lower right side, and a beige dotted paper block to the upper left.
4. Add the tag to the lower left, then wrap a strip of vellum across the middle.
5. Add the two banner stickers to the right side of the tag, then adhere the butterfly journal card over top.
6. Trim the excess journal card, then adhere the entire block to the card front.
7. Stamp the star trails to the vellum strip, leaving the word "loved" showing through.
8. Stitch a button around the bow using twine, then add to the top of the tag.
9. Stamp the sentiment to the journal card, then add a strip of washi underneath it.
10. Accent the washi tape with jewels & a diecut photo corner.
11. Add the diecut stars and wood veneer pieces as shown, then accent with jewels & sequins to finish.
-Studio Calico Sunday Sketch - April 7 Sketch
-The Play Date Cafe #176 - Color Inspiration (cappuccino, slate, burlap)
-City Crafter #154 - Birthday Theme
-Stamp and Create April - Diecut(s)
-V's Sweet Ideas #10 - Anything Goes
In case you are wondering, the diecut stars & photo corner are from the Studio Calico "Back to School" ephemera pack. I couldn't find it anywhere online available for purchase....but I wanted you to be aware in case you had them in your stash! Of course, if you want to recreate this look you can use any diecut stars or photo corners.
That is all I have to share with you today! I hope you enjoyed my neutral toned card full of stars!! Have a wonderful rest of your day, and I will be back soon with another card to share!