Today is my final WPlus9 inspiration day for April, and today I am sharing a gift set that I created with Mother's Day in mind...but it could really be used for anything! The jar has a homemade sugar scrub in it, and I will give you all the info on that at the end of the post. This would be great to give as is if you are on a tight budget, or with a gift card to local spa or for their fave skin care line! Any woman would love to receive that!! Here is the gift set!
1. Make A2 card from oatmeal cardstock, then ink the edges.
2. Cut wood paper slightly smaller, ink the edges & ahdere.
3. Cut a strip of grey paper, ink the edges & adhere down the middle.
4. Tie ribbon around the middle, then stitch a button around the bow with twine.
5. Add a doily to the front.
6. Cut a strip of butterfly paper, ink the edges and adhere over top of the doily bottom.
7. Diecut the tag, ink the edges & stamp the sentiment to it.
8. Adhere the tag, tucked slightly underneath it.
9. Stamp the canisters to oatmeal cardstock, cut out and adhere.
10. Accent the lower left corner with flowers to finish.
1. Cut a circle from a block of lace, then wrap around the top of the jar using natural twine.
2. Tie a double bow with the twine, then stitch a button around the middle.
3. Diecut the tag & spoon from oatmeal cardstock, then stamp them.
4. Adhere the spoon to the tag, then tuck the tag underneath the button as shown on the card.
-Sweet Sunday Sketch #182 - Sketch
-DL Art #108 - Mother's Day
-Creative Inspirations #211 - Ribbon & Pearls
-Ribbon Carousel #80 - Showers & Flowers
-Alota Rubber Stamps #105 - Lace, Ribbon & Something Round
-Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Alright...now onto the sugar scrub!! This is a homemade vanilla olive oil sugar scrub, and everything in the recipe I have readily available in the kitchen...which I am sure most people do!! So, there was no need to go out and purchase anything additional...which is really nice. No, it does not have a bunch of essential oils in it...so if that is important to you, then I would suggest finding another recipe online. There are HUNDREDS of them available!! I choose to do this less expensive version without the essential oils, because I use this scrub to exfoliate my legs before shaving. So, by the time I am done shaving....using essential oils & such would be a waste. But the olive oil stays, and keeps my legs nice & soft for the day! I do want to make a scrub sometime soon that is just for hands, and for that one...I will definitely go out and find some of my fave essential oils that are good for dry skin.
I love Arbonne product, and their scrub is really nice....but SO expensive. I couldn't justify spending $40+ on a scrub that I then shave off...so that is what started my search for a more frugal scrub, and the one linked above only costs me a few dollars in the end. (BTW- I cut that recipe in half to make just one jar of it for myself.)
Well, there you have it...my WPlus9 inspiration for the day! The WPlus9 designers have been sharing their creations all month long & it will continue on after my few days as well, so head on over to Dawn's Blog to check everything out! I hope that you have a fabulous Friday!
Cardstock: WPlus9 (oatmeal) | Paper: Prima Marketing (Fairy Rhymes 12x12) | Stamps: WPlus9 (Fresh Baked) | Ink: Prima Marketing (attic dust, pastel brown) | Dies: WPlus9 (Fresh Baked companion, Timeless Tags 2) | Other: Prima Marketing (flowers, buttons) | May Arts (twine) | Craft Supply: doily, ribbon, lace