Today is day one of the release, and I have a card using the new "Chalkboard Sign" stamp set! This is a super cute stamp set, with that perfect chalkboard feel to it. However....I didn't really use it in a chalkboard fashion this time around. :) I combined it with Glitz Design "Hello Friend" and some beautiful Prima flowers to create this:
1. Make A2 card from light orange cardstock.
2. Cut bokeh paper slightly smaller, then wrap two strips of crepe paper around the bottom of it.
3. Add a strip if paper garland above the crepe paper, then ahdere the entire block to the card front.
4. Stamp the sentiment to vellum, and heat set.
5. Adhere the vellum sentiment to the front, adding some foam adhesive to the upper right corner.
6. Randomly adhere sequins underneath the top of the vellum sentiment, then accent it with a jewel.
7. Add a large jewel to the popped right corner to cover the adhesive.
8. Arrange and adhere the flowers to the lower left corner as shown to finish.
-Sketch Saturday #249 - Sketch
-Totally Gorjuss #174 - For Mom
-Cupcake Craft #233 - Sentiment Focus
So, I got kind-of lucky because this crepe paper trim is actually from the same collection. One is a pre-CHA sample, and the other is a post-CHA product where the dye was perfected for the collection. While one is not completely correct, it allowed me to arrange the crepe paper to give me that ombre affect utilizing product, rather than stamping. And I just love how it turned out!! I hope that you do too!
There are so many amazing projects to be seen today, so be sure to head on over to the Sweet Stamp Shop Release Day 1 blog post, and check out what all the other amazing designers have in store for you as well! I believe there might just be a giveaway over there, too. ;)
Have a wonderful rest of your Tuesday!