Happy Sunday, all! How has your weekend been so far? We were pretty lazy yesterday, which was nice! Except...Josh made us the yummiest dinner! It was SO good, and I have tons of leftovers for when he is gone this coming week. We caught up on a bunch of our DVR'd shows, and then watched a movie called The Bang Bang Club. It is graphic & gruesome, but a true story based on photojournalists in South Africa in the early 90's. Obviously, it is something near to my heart, and I found it quite interesting, and heartbreaking, and redeeming in a way. It is not a movie for everyone, but I am glad that I took the time to watch it.
Today we are showcasing the new Mama Elephant stamp set called "Say What". This is a sassy little stamp set, full of super fun sentiments! I just LOVE it! I paired this stamp set with Glitz Design's "Color Me Happy" collection (which you can find at many stores now, including 2Peas, Simon Says Stamp, Scrapbook.com & A Cherry On Top to name just a few)...and they fit just perfectly!! Here is what I created:
1. Make A2 card from black cardstock.
2. Cut dotted paper slightly smaller, then adhere a woodgrain paper strip diagonally across the middle.
3. Cut off the excess, then add yellow sticker to the top left side.
4. Add washi tape strips to the top & bottom of the woodgrain strip.
5. Adhere the journal card to the front with foam adhesive, then accent with hearts & book paper.
6. Add a jeweled sticker tucked under the left side of card, then accent with a star sequin & jewels.
7. Stamp the sentiment to chalkboard paper, cut out and adhere to the bottom of the card.
8. Tie a double bow from twine, thread a button around the middle and adhere below the yellow sticker.
9. Finish the sentiment on the inside with teeny alphas.
-Sketchbook Saturday #89 - Sketch
-Fab N Funky #158 - Finish the Inside
-Crafty Creations #209 - Hearts
-Charisma Cardz #6 - Anything Goes
I know the other Mama Elephant designers have some amazing cards to
share with you using the Say What set as well, so be sure to check them
Kryssi Ng / Mama Elephant http://www.mamaelephantblog.com/
Pearl Lui http://kraftypearl.blogspot.com/
Alice Wertz http://aliceslittlewonderland.blogspot.com/
Savannah O'Gwynn http://savannahland2.blogspot.com/
Mariana Grigsby http://marianagrigsby.wordpress.com/
Geralyn Sy http://inacreativebubble.blogspot.com/
JJ Bolton http://rgcards.blogspot.com/
Cheiron Brandon http://www.cheironbrandon.typepad.com/
I hope you enjoyed my sweet missing you card this morning! Don't be afraid to customize your sentiments using all the amazing alpha stickers you might have in your stash. It will make your card extra special, and your stamps more versatile!