February CARDS Magazine blog challenge, and if you participate....you could win some of the brand new stamps & dies!! The challenge this month is a sketch, and while it is a little bit of a tricky one....it is a fun one to challenge yourself with!!
I created a kind-of rustic feeling card using some My Mind's Eye "On The Bright Side" papers, combined with many of the brand new WPlus9 stamps, dies & ink! While it took me a bit of time to draw inspiration from the sketch & create a cohesive card....I LOVE how it turned out. Check it!
1. Make a 5 inch square card from kraft cardstock.
2. Cut red wood paper slightly smaller, then adhere.
3. Cut a strip of blue chalkboard paper, diecut scalloped edges to it, then adhere to the front.
4. Diecut the doily from cardstock, and a circle from striped paper. Stamp the doily border, then layer together to the front.
5. Stamp the floral borders to the top and bottom of the doily accent.
6. Stamp the sentiment to a diecut banner, then adhere to the left of the doily.
7. Tie a double bow from twine, then layer to the banner with a button.
8. Accent the front with paper flowers.
9. Diecut & stamp three flowers, then adhere to the right of the sentiment.
10. Accent with red jewels to finish.
-February CARDS Blog Challenge - Sketch
-The Kraft Journal #107 - Red
-Creative Belli #162 - Rhinestones
-Loves Rubberstamps #38 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp does have the new WPlus9 items, so I will add them to my link list once the site updates with inlinkz!! I also used Prima's Timido Craftsman, Timido Rosarian & Liberty Small Rose on my card.
The winner will receive these BRAND NEW products released yesterday, plus some must have cardstock:
Very Vintage Florals stamp set
Very Vintage Florals die
Scalloped Border die
1 pk Kraft card stock (15 sheets)
1 pk Oatmeal card stock (15 sheets)
1. Leave a comment with a direct link to your card, or submit an image of your card to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 18th.
2. Our favorite cards will be featured and the winner of the Wplus9 prize pack will be announced on February 20th.
Some of the other WPlus9 designers have partcipated in the sketch challenge as well, so be sure to see what they have created too!
I hope you have a great rest of your day!