Happy Wednesday, all! So- how excited are the rest of you that election day is over?!! I know that I was over the moon when a credit card commercial came on this morning, and not a political ad. It just seems that with every passing election the next one starts earlier, and gets uglier. I am SO happy that I didn't work at a television station this time around....such a blessing! I hold my political cards pretty close, so you won't get much from me in terms of my thoughts on the outcome, etc.
I have a pretty clean & simple card to share with you that is Thanksgiving/Gratitude inspired. It uses some Lawn Fawn products that I either never had a chance to break out, or haven't used in quite awhile!! I just love these cute little pumpkins, and the sentiment to match! It kind-of seems like the pumpkins are friends....tee hee! Here is what I made!
1. Make A2 card from kraft cardstock, then round the bottom corners.
2. Distress ink a doily and adhere to the top, wrapping the excess around the back.
3. Adhere a strip of washi tape to the very top of the card.
4. Punch an upper crest border to the bottom of a striped paper strip, then adhere to the right side.
5. Wrap twine twice around the seam of the washi tape, then finish with a double bow.
6. Adhere a twine breaded button to the top of the bow.
7. Diecut the label from vintage cream cardstock, then distress ink the edges.
8. Stamp the pumpkins & leaves, then cut out the necessary layers.
9. Layer the pumpkins to the label along with a green leaf, then stamp the sentiment below it.
10. Adhere the label to the front and accent with jewels.
11. Adhere the leaves to the top of the bow, then a felt heart & brown jewel to the bottom to finish.
-Retro Sketches #36
-Lawnscapings challenge - Dust Off the Old
-Top Tip Tuesday #89 - Heart(s)
-Make My Monday - Autumn, Kraft & Twine
I hope you liked my cute little Thanksgiving card! There are so many people that you could give this to, and it is easily replicated!! I have some Bible study notes to share today, so let's get to it!
1 Peter 2: 1-5
"As you come to Him, the Living Stone - rejected by human beings but chosen by God and precious to Him - you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house...."
My Bible has a note on these verses that says, "The church is not a building constructed by humans but a divine institution, built on the Living Stone, Jesus. He's the strong, foundational building block of the church, and His followers are living stones who are being built into a spiritual house.
As one of the many little living stones in the church, remember that each diverse stone has great worth to Jesus and to His body. When you're tempted to discount those who aren't like you, remember that each stone is balanced by all those around it, and all rest on the Living Stone himself."
It so often seems like were supposed to fit in this cookie cutter, Christian mold....especially as women. I can tell you right now - I don't fit in it. And I don't really want to. I am complicated. Strong willed, but gentle spirited. I see black and white and the shades of grey in between. I am creative....which means I can be scattered at times as well. I am content at the same time my mind is racing in a million different directions. And you know what? With all that being said, and the many flaws left unmentioned.....God loves me just the way I am because He created me this way. It is okay to be different from one another, because where I am weak, someone else will be strong. And where someone else is weak, I am strong. And where we are all weak...we have Jesus - our rock. The one we can absolutely put our hope in.