Today we have more to introduce, including 1 new stamp set, 2 new dies and a new card stock color. So let's get to it, shall we.
- is a 6x8 clear photopolymer stamp set
- 20 high quality photo-polymer stamps; 13 scene building images and 7 sentiments
- will be available for purchase October 5th for $21
- 6 individual dies wired together that can be easily separated
- coordinates with the Iconic Christmas stamp set
- will be available for purchase October 5th for $16
- measures 3" in diameter
- will be available for purchase October 5th for $9
1. Make A2 card from black cardstock.
2. Cut banner paper slightly smaller, sand the edges and adhere.
3. Tie ribbon around the middle, with the bow sitting at the top.
4. Diecut the star from chipboard, cover in snow glitter and adhere to the middle of the bow. Top with a twine double bow and two silver bells.
5. Diecut the label from green paper, sand the edges and adhere below the bow. Accent each side with a twine threaded button.
6. Diecut the snowflake from kraft cardstock, and cover in snow glitter. Adhere to the left side of the label.
7. Diecut the santa icon from oatmeal cardstock, distress ink the edges, then stamp the image to it in black. Adhere to the top of the snowflake, then accent with a black puff ball.
8. Diecut the tag from outmeal cardstock, then distress ink the edges. Stamp the sentiment and snowflakes to it, then accent with red pearls.
9. Adhere the sentiment tag below the bow, tucking the top slightly under the snowy star to finish.
-CASE Study #110
-Tuesday Morning Sketch #166
-Dynamic Duos #22 - cherry cobbler + my choice (green)
-The Friday Mashup #78 - twine
-Sweet Stampin' - vintage
-Oh La La Creations #115 - santa
Don't forget to check out what the rest of the designers have created today, and be sure to check out Dawn's blog. She always does some great giveaways!
- Elise Durenberger
- Cristina Kowalczyk
- Jinny Newlin
- Kerrianne Gwin
- Lea Lawson
- Savitri Wilder
- Jean Martin
- And our Guest Designer Anya Schrier
James 2: 8-13
1. compassionate or kindly forbearance shown toward an offender, an enemy, or other person in one's power; compassion, pity or benevolence
2. the disposition to be compassionate or forbearing
3. the discretionary power of a judge to pardon someone or to mitigate punishment, especially to send to prison rather than invoke the death penalty
4. an act of kindness, compassion or favor
5. something that gives evidence of divine favor; blessing
I can admit that I struggle with being a merciful person. It is the same part of me that struggles with forgiveness. I have been hurt deeply by people who were supposed to love me unconditionally. That hurt really crushed my spirit....leaving me a pretty broken person. So, in place of the hurt...I put up walls that are practically impossible to break down. Good luck if you are the reason why they were constructed.
But God has been working on me. Reminding me that while it is okay to protect my heart...I still need to show some mercy and offer forgiveness to those that have hurt me. My mom has a quote on her Facebook page that says, "Forgiving someone else does not make what they did to you okay. It helps make you okay." Forgiveness is the easier part for me (notice I said easier, not easy), because forgiveness is the selfish act. Mercy on the other hand...it's harder. It is a gift that you give, and it shows vulnerability. All I know is that God is chipping away at this hard surface in me.
Verse 13 says, "Because judgement without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgement." This seemingly lines up with definition #3 up there....yikes!! I want to be shown mercy by God....I need His mercy. And I think this is why He has gently pushed me to really look into the face of my demons and work on being more merciful and forgiving.
Thanks for checking out my Christmas creation today! Be sure to check back tomorrow when we showcase another new stamp set and dies!! Have a great day!