Well, happy Monday everyone!! I hope that you had a wonderful weekend! Ours was nice & relaxed, while still spending time with friends. We had an amazing dinner on Friday night with our friends Grant & Meagan, plus Grant's dad. We spent pretty much the entire day at their apartment on Saturday (minus the seven trips we made to the grocery store- no joke. Tee hee!) watching football, carving pumpkins and all that. Yes- I carved another pumpkin!! We accidentally left it at their apartment...so hopefully they have better luck with them not getting stolen from their front porch. :)
I have a really simple but really fun card to share with you today! It uses a small bit of paper from the Echo Park "Everyday Eclectic" collection, and stamps from the new company, Mama Elephant. I am loving these fun new stamps from this cute little company...I am excited to see what they come out with next! Here is what I created!
1. Make A2 card from kraft cardstock, round the bottom corners & dry emboss the front.
2. Stamp the Polaroid frame to a patterned paper block, then cut out the window.
3. Adhere the frame to the front, then accent the right corner with a piece of washi tape.
4. Stamp the first part of the sentiment to the frame, then the people inside of the cut-out window.
5. Stamp the camera to white cardstock & matching patterned paper, cut out & layer together.
6. Add glitter glue to the flash & two jewels to the camera, then adhere to the card front with foam adhesive.
7. Stamp the rest of the sentiment to the bottom of the card, then accent with a rainbow of jewels.
-Sketchbook Saturday #82
-Do You Stack Up #95 - Embossing
-Crafty Friends #9 - Glitz & Glam
-Stampin' for the Weekend #20 - Anything Goes
I hope you enjoyed my cute little rainbow inspired friendship card today! I know it is a lot more clean & simple than I normally create....but I actually really like both types of styles! I love cards with lots of layers and products....and I love cards with clean lines & minimal embellishing. It's the best of both worlds!! :)
I have some Bible study notes to share today...so let's just get right to it!
James 5: 1-6
As a society, especially in America, we put a lot of priority on wealth. "He who dies with the most toys wins" comes to mind. I pretty much despise that saying. Mostly because it goes against everything I believe, and partly because it is just gross. Blech. Trust me...I like things. Especially clothes. And boots. And coats. And jewelry. And cameras. I think you get the picture. :) I don't think there is anything wrong with having things and having money. But it is definitely a fine line. When money and selfish wants & desires come before God, then there is a big problem. I wrote awhile back that the one thing I know about myself is I could live without everything I have it God asked it of me....or if I just had to due to life situations. And I stand by that. I don't store my treasure in things on Earth. I store them in Heaven.