Happy Friday, everyone! Are you all excited for Halloween weekend? I know that we are....even though it looks like we aren't going to be celebrating until next weekend at a murder mystery party. Which is perfectly okay! My friend Meagan and I have the BEST costumes ever....can't wait for everyone to see us all dressed up. We are going as Capitol people from the Hunger Games...and it is going to be awesome!! Tee hee! Tonight our friends are coming over for dinner, and we are going to BBQ steaks, and have mashed potatoes and sauteed green beans as well. I have some gluten-free pumpkin spice cake leftover that I made the other night....so dessert is all taken care of too. It is going to be a wonderful night...can't wait!
I have a super special birthday card to share with you today. It's already in the mail...being sent to one of my best friends in the whole world. I figured it was time to share it on my blog! I used the Glitz Design "Yours Truly" collection for this one, and some stamps from the new company Mama Elephant. I love the new stamp sets that they released recently....so FUN to use. I had to have this stamp set particularly...because it has so many things that I say all the time included on it....love it!! Here is what I created.
1. Make A2 card from kraft cardstock, then round the upper right corner.
2. Adhere two paper blocks to the front, then add a strip of ribbon over the seam.
3. Cut a chevron pattern from paper, then adhere to the right side of the card, overlapping the edge.
4. Punch an upper crest border from blue paper, adhere to the top of the patterned block and accent with black jewels.
5. Add two strips of washi tape to the top, then cover with a rhinestone.
6. Stamp the banner to white cardstock, cut out and adhere. Accent with black jewels.
7. Stamp the balloon to white cardtock, cut out and adhere. Stamp the bow directly below the balloon.
8. Diecut a tag, and add the other part of the sentiment to it. Adhere to the top of the ribbon with a brad.
9. Add the remaining sentiment and a banner strip to the inside to finish.
-Sketchbook Saturday #81
-CAS-ual Fridays #76- Kraft
-Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #192 - Happy Birthday
-The Kraft Journal #93 - Inside & Out
James 4: 13-17
These verses made me think of a silly quote that I have read on those random plaque things & such.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"". Tee hee!
I actually posted another quote on my Facebook wall the other day that is also fitting.
"Live your life, take chances, be crazy. Don't hesitate because right now is the oldest you've ever been & the youngest you'll ever be again."
Honestly- we don't know if we have a tomorrow. So we need to seize the time that we do have. Make sure the people in your life know that you love them. Volunteer and do good for others that are less fortunate than you. Pray. For the people you love & cherish....and for those that make it harder to love. Reach out...be a light where there is darkness. But do it with sincere love....not with an agenda. I know that for me, God's love does not feel suppressive. It is invigorating....welcoming...it truly fuels me to love others. And it makes me want to live my short life to the very fullest.