....here is what I have learned about myself on this photography journey.
1. I am not very interested in landscape photography. I will not go out of my way to get that amazing landscape shot...it just isn't my thing. Now, I am glad I have a basic knowledge of how to meter properly and expose for landscapes, because if I just happen to be in a situation where there is a beautiful landscape...then I am going to shoot it. But I am definitely not going to be seeking them out.
2. I have affirmed over and over again that I do want to photograph weddings. But I want to photograph them in a photojournalist style. Way less posing, more real and candid. Obviously you are going to get the posed shots...but I want to show the magic that is a wedding, and you just can't do that by posing everything.
3. I have also affirmed that I want to shoot lifestyle portraits of people. I don't want to be Sears, or Olan Mills, or any of those types of portrait studios. They aren't bad...just not the style I want to take on. I guess I kind-of want to have a photojournalist take on shooting portraits as well. I want candid and posed, in places that mean something to my subjects.
4. I think I am really going to love macro photography. I say "think", because I don't have a macro lens yet. But, after seeing tons of macro shots, and having a 4 hour lecture on macro photography this week....I just have a gut feeling it will be my personal photography love. Sure, it might be utilized a little bit in weddings and portraiture...but I see it more as something I do just for myself.
5. Many of you know that I love to shoot sports...football is my favorite, of course. But I found out something this summer that I didn't know about myself. I REALLY enjoy shooting rodeo. And to be honest....I feel like I am pretty good at it. (And will only get better as I continue doing it!) So, it would be fun to find a way to work rodeos into my workflow.
6. Studio lighting is hard, but I am enjoying the learning process. I haven't gotten it perfectly correct even once yet....but I am trying hard! Even though I will not have a studio in the near future...I want to make sure I know what to do with strobes, backdrops, etc. And I really can't wait to be more comfortable with my external flash for my camera...I think that will make life even better for the type of portraiture I want to do!
7. I don't like shooting product. I find it boring, and uninspiring. We'll just leave it at that. :)
So, that is what I have found out about myself so far. I am sure there will a lot more once I finish with advanced intensive. I can't believe that there are only 4 weeks left in summer intensive...time has just flown by!
Well, I am doing a photo a day post on my Facebook account. If would love for you to check them out if you like! Here is a link: Photo A Day album
Here is my first photo in the album from yesterday...funny. It is a landscape! Tee hee! :)
I am not going to post all of the photos on my blog, so be sure to check on my facebook page if you want to see them! I am going to be keeping this blog primarily crafts.
Well, I better get going! I have stuff to get done on my morning off before school starts! Have a great day!